Caveat: to those I “nominated” – do NOT feel you have to do this. Totally ignore it. “Caveat: an explanation or warning that should be remembered when you are doing or thinking about something.” So if you’re thinking about doing bad things to me because I nominated you, I have explained now that you don’t have to. Mercy.
I won an award. I don’t accept them except this one is from a really wonderful e-friend of mine (whom I’ve met IRL, yay). So because of Pamela Hutchins over at her Road to Joy blog, I have to will accept her award and I am forced to will also share it with, as she did, a few soon to be upset with me because I did this to them other bloggers. Maybe I won’t tell them – just let them find out when they visit. They probably all have over 200 followers anyway!!
It’s call a Liebster Award. A Liebster Award is given for bloggers under 200 followers. Liebster means “Dearest” or “favorite” in German. Oh, read this picture and check out the Liebster Rules:
So (you poor babies) I will tell you 11 random things about me. If your eyes cross before I’m done, blame it on Pamela. This is all her fault. Oh yeah, and go buy all her wonderful books!! She’s a relatively newly published author. Support that!!
1. I have a genius IQ score. How random is that? Yeah, it shocked my mom, too. Yep, me and Sharon Stone!
2. My brother got the thick hair and long eye lashes but battled zits. I got the fine blond hair, high IQ and zit-free skin. Is it wrong that I wanted the thick hair and long eye lashes?
3. I sing. Alpha Hubby has tapes of me singing. He used to go to sleep with them playing.
4. I was a cheerleader. Rah.
5. From the time I was born until sophomore year in high school I had 13 different addresses and lived in 5 different states and 2 different countries (Germany, Norway). Can you say military brat?
6. I was in the Air Force for 4 years. I qualified with mechanical aptitude but given the era it was, they forced me to learn administrative stuff like typing. I’d rather have been a female mechanic. Can you imagine!?
7. My parents were, “If you start it, you finish it. NO quitting.” When I was 15 years old, I worked from 5-7 p.m. answering the telephone at the local newspaper office. Then one night when I was leaving, my boss decided I needed to see his wee-wee. Which it was, very-very. I was so scared I almost broke my key off in the door leaving. I told my mom who told my dad who decided I needed to quit. What is random is that it happened to me two more times in my life!!
8. I wrote a book. I got it all the way up to the editor saying “Make these small changes then it’s good to go” and I stalled. Why? I realized that while it may help abused women, if I’d forgiven the people from my past who were so poisonous in my life, I couldn’t write about and expose them. Rewrite.
9. I was the kid who cleaned her room by shoving everything under the bed (until caught) because I’d rather be reading. I would be under the covers at night with a flashlight and a book, and hard to wake up the next morning. Alpha Hubby’s first remodel in our current house was to build me a library for my books.
10. My very first music record was Otis Redding’s “Sitting on the Dock of the Bay.” Why? Because my mom went to a yard sale and bought a stack of 45’s. Shut up! You don’t know what 45′s are??
11. I can’t do a number 11. It just skeeves me to have to do a #11 and not stop at 10. Everyone knows that all survey’s are 10 questions or even numbers!
Is this enough? Oh heck no. Now I gotta answer questions. Are you snoring yet? Fallen face first into your keyboard? Blame Pamela.
1. What are your goals and are you working on meeting them? Private to the public and yes.
2. What do you expect your readers to get from your writing? That they are not alone and will survive and that passion doesn’t die out in marriage unless it is killed.
3. Soda, water or alcohol? Water
4. What is your favorite book? Aw man, do I have to pick just one? One is a series, The Texas Trilogy: Texas Cooking, Lone Star Café, and Over the Moon at the Big Lizard Diner by Lisa Wingate. And of course Pamela’s women’s mysteries!!
5. What do you do for fun? That is private but it involves whipped cream and Alpha Hubby, not necessarily in that order. Hee hee. Oh. MY. Gosh. did I just say that??
6. Who was your first crush? That I can recall, Little Joe on Bonanza.
7. What oogies you out more than anything in the world? Slugs. Worms.
8. E-book, audio, or print? YES
9. Shower with massage heads or bubble bath whirlpool tub? Bubble bath by candle light with soothing music playing in the background.
10. It’s the zombie apocalypse. You only have time to grab three things. And they are . . . ? First and foremost, the keys to the Zombie Mobile and Alpha Hubby to drive. Then drive over to get family that I would want to hang around (hee hee). Then my Kindle with instant charger ‘cause you know if I have a Zombie Mobile, I’m gonna have a place to hide out that has protection, electricity, water, food, comfort. He’d have to have a trailer to haul his precious cattle (hey, steak on hooves).
11. Again, really?
THAT IS TOO MUCH AND ENOUGH ABOUT ME!
So Pamela says “Then inflict the award on your bloggy friends in turn. (You’re welcome)”:
The Survivor, Miss Mary Sullivan Frasier over at http://www.spilledonthekitchentable.blogspot.com/ (she also is here, http://goaheadtakeabite.blogspot.com/ - awesome unbelievably good food blog).
The Lovely Miss Bella and Roxie at http://gypsyroxylee.wordpress.com/ - you should read her hysterical post on speedos!
The Passionate Miss Celia M at http://attitudeivlife.blogspot.com/- has a part in a book coming out!
The Powerful Miss Kim at http://myinnerchick.com/ - a voice for many things – humor, her sister Kay, amazing recipes, family
The Compassionate Miss Tracy at http://theredhousediaries.blogspot.com/ - Such stories she tells of her Red House!
The Funny and Touching Miss NancyGrace at http://nancygrayce.blogspot.com/ - love her Superhero!
The Resilient Miss Emily at http://thekeepingtime.blogspot.com/ - such beautiful little girls, and smart, too!